Have a look at the questions asked by the ODT of new ACT MP Hilary Calvert:For me I would ask just one question of a new MP: name one basic economic principle that the general public don't understand and how would you explain it?
* Any convictions you would like to declare now?
* Any misbehaviour, non-criminal, that might come back to bite you?
* Any family members involved in criminal behaviour?
* Could you ever contemplate supporting Heather Roy?
* According to a radio report, you have a pecuniary interest in a licensed massage parlour.
My answer, if I were to be asked the question, would involve a discussion of comparative advantage, but I'm guessing most MPs wouldn't say that.