- Defective Equilibrium reports on a poll on the 'The 10 "Most Important" Philosophers of the Early Modern Period'. Adam Smith comes in 9th with David Hume at 2 and Immanuel Kant at 1.
- Market Power on The Peltzman Effect and NASCAR. May be these guys need a Tullock Spike.
- Offsetting Behaviour on Opposition to redistribution: self-interest, or economic thinking? Is it that folks who are more likely to understand economics are also more likely to understand the costs of redistribution in terms of economic growth foregone?
- Not PC on Bad banks. Looking at the "aggregates" can mean you miss the details-which can be very important.
- The Inquiring Mind comes across a letter to the editor from someone from a parallel universe. How we can have had no national wealth creation since 1984 but still have a $130 billion in national income I don't know.
- Tyler Cowen is Against torture prosecution.
- Brad Taylor on Technology and Freedom. Whether new technologies will enhance freedom or reduce it is one of the big question we will have to face in the future.
- rauparaha at TVHE suggests Bicycle helmet laws kill.
- Mario Rizzo on University of Michigan: Teacher Yes, Father No.The University of Michigan has announced that it will become completely smoke-free in 2011. Why? In part because "2. “A healthier, smoke-free physical environment will only enhance the intellectual vigor of our campuses,” said U-M President Mary Sue Coleman.”" Really?
En Route to La Belle France Today
16 hours ago